Our newest opportunity is for a talented Welfare Officer to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar. This position is responsible for ensuring workers welfare and wellbeing are complying with local and international standards.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Monitoring and supervising the contractors’ program and ensuring it is aligned with Welfare Standards.
- Inspecting welfare facilities to ensure that the contractor compliance with standard requirements, including accommodations and clinics/first aid units.
- Conducting inspections of the off-site welfare facilities to ensure compliance and where applicable make recommendations for change.
- Ensuring all off-site provisions for workers are compliant with local legislation.
- Observing and ensuring staff on-site always; wear personal protective equipment, use hard hats and protective footwear, operate construction equipment in a safe manner and follow KEO’s safety policies.
- Conducting welfare coordination meeting with Contractors
- Developing and implementing safety/welfare policies needed to reduce accident-related costs.
- Regulating set policies soliciting input from managers and workers.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include 10 years of work experience partnered with a Bachelor’s degree or Level 6 Diploma in Health, Safety & Environment.