About the job
A new initiative is being established to provide holistic and transformative Islamic religious and spiritual guidance to women and engage more broadly in social advocacy and impactful scholarly research that benefits the everyday lives of women. The initiative welcomes applicants from individuals of diverse backgrounds who are seeking to work in a value and purpose-driven institution committed to excellence, integrity and service to women.
The ideal candidate will be responsible to lead and provide strategic direction for the Islamic religious programmatic offerings at the CCEC by researching, leading, developing and monitoring impact-driven programs. This involves the strategic and active management of resources for the purposes of ensuring effective and high-quality programming that aligns with the mission and vision of the Center.
- Develops: (1) an educational framework; (2) a teaching and learning philosophy (3) a content strategy, (4) and impact framework for the delivery of programs at the Center.
- Develops well-researched programs for women of different age groups that are contextually relevant, women-centric and accessible in a way that supports the overall mission and vision of the center.
- Promotes inclusion and a culture of confidence through the development and delivery of programs that directly address contemporary challenges women face.
- Directs the operational elements of the programs which includes curriculum design and implementation, marketing, curriculum delivery and evaluation.
- Manages the curriculum content by working with instructors to ensure implementation of quality programs.
- Monitors the impact of the programs of the Center and is able to communicate this information to key stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Oversees departmental responsibilities, including managing and evaluating programming staff, managing programming budget and evaluating departmental outcomes.
- Coordinates program components to ensure effective educational outcomes, collaborating with local educational institutions for the purposes of implementing and maintaining programs.
- Promotes public awareness of the programmatic offerings of the Center in coordination with the Director of Marketing and Communication.
- Works with the Director of Women’s Services to design spiritually grounded Women’s Wellness programs.
- Participates in Senior Leadership Team meetings to set ambitious, purposeful and achievable goals for the CCEC.
- Maintains a functional awareness of other activities in the center and organizes the management of resources with them.
- Actively participates in staff meetings for the purpose of conveying and gathering information on issues related to the Center’s programmatic and strategic development.
- Works with the Executive Director and Director of Research to ensure programmatic and academic alignment across the initiatives of the Center.
- Represents the Center, if asked by the Executive Director, in external events that will enhance the visibility of the center and promote its programmatic offerings.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as Education & 8 years of relevant full-time work experience; Ph.D. preferred. Management or director-level experience in an education setting.
- Experience managing instructors and content delivery.
- Experience developing and managing an educational framework and content strategy over multiple streams of programming.
- Experience in administration, policy development, personnel management and budget management.
- Experience marketing education initiatives.
- Experience working in a start-up education environment or intimate center setting where multiple hats are worn.
- Experience and track-record of building effective collaborative programs across multiple institutions.
- Experience engaging with Muslim women and Muslim religious/spiritual/educational programming.
- Excellent communication skills which include the ability to craft and deliver educational narratives; managing meetings; public speaking.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage
- Ability to engage in iterative and co-constructed strategical conversations.
- Ability to work dynamically and collegially with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to develop relationships with instructors and women in the community.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with enthusiasm and motivation to facilitate the growth of the Center.
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications