About the job
A Wellness Coordinator will provide scheduling and coordination of special projects of Spa & Health Club, handle calls and inquiries, handle memberships and databases, and offer excellent administrative support to management.
What will I be doing?
As Wellness Coordinator, you will provide excellent administrative support to the Spa and Health Club department and other managers, as assigned. Specifically, a Department Coordinator will perform the following tasks to the highest standards: – Manage the Departmental schedule
- Maintain a professional presence at the Spa & Health Club front desk – answering the phone and coordinating appointments for massage, treatments, classes and personal training in a polite and helpful manner.
- Acts as the ambassador of the Spa & Health Club greeting and welcoming all visitors. Ensure each visitor is acclimated to the standards of spa use and signs a liability waiver. Supervise/assist Staff with morning setup and closing duties.
- Responsible to maintain all stations, health club, rooms and spa areas; ensuring cleanliness/sanitation, stations organized and well stocked, all items put away at the end of the day. Responsible for meeting all MOPH requirements.
- Monitors the entire facility with thorough walkthroughs at the opening and every two hours until end of day. This must include all Fitness Centre, Pool and Spa facilities.
- Organize/plan daily setup and close
- Daily management of the Retail Outlet to present an inviting area for members and guests to shop. Discuss items of interest with members and guests encouraging them to browse and purchase. Process all sales in POS accurately and timely.
- Completes monthly inventories.
- Monitor and execute proper POS setup and training; ensuring the system is properly closed and paperwork submitted to accounting at the end of each shift.
- Maintains and stocks as needed to ensure member satisfaction. Assists Manager with ordering supplies as needed.
- Financial – Control ongoing service and product management to ensure profitability, implement full Spa & Health Club product and service purchasing standards and ensure compliance, administer staff and member scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability.
- Marketing – Develop the Spa’s marketing strategy and ensure a consistent image is being portrayed. Be proactive in developing publicity opportunities though effective communication and use of Club media outlets. Maintain and update all necessary internal and external signage.
- Customer Service – Anticipate, identify, and ensure member/guest needs are being met in the very best possible way. Develop and deliver credible, competitive, value-plus services to our members/guests.
- Planning – Create and maintain Staff Contacts, ensuring accuracy and compliance. Perform Staff evaluation reports with action plans, effectively administer and monitor Staff scheduling procedures and demonstrate an exceptional level of professionalism for the Staff to emulate. Create a motivating environment of sincerity, warmth and fun for all members, guests, and staff.
- Operations – Maintain an up-to-date version of the Spa & Health Club procedures Manual and ensure compliance; updating as needed. Develop and maintain Spa literature, documentation, and process handling requirements. Ensure equipment is maintained in good working order. Maintain professional relationships with suppliers, providers, and management. Ensure stock and cash items are kept secured to minimize/eliminate losses. Implement a clearly established opening and closing procedure. Manage Spa inventories effectively, follow purchasing standards; ensure compliance.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate all member/guest questions and/or complaints to Manager.
- Assist in any other areas as directed by the Manager.