Being a Pullman employee means embodying and conveying the brand mind-set through the values of commitment, adaptability and creativity.
What’s in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing?
- Actively solicit new business and respond to wedding inquiries in a timely manner, with the intention of confirming profitable wedding group room and event business in order to achieve Quarterly and Annual Sales Goals. Maintain an active follow-up system on all inquiries and sales calls
- Uncover clients’ event and guest room needs through a creative approach of selling a vision and experience
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Negotiate with clients through the use of creative and attractive presentations and event design proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs
- Coordinate with the Sales Department and Catering to insure proper utilization of guest rooms and function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Conduct property site tours and entertain planners and clients of weddings
- Work directly with clients throughout the duration of the planning process, ensuring all wedding details are planned accordingly
- Act as the liaison for all vendor/supplier related clients’ needs, (i.e. Audio Visual, Florists, Entertainment….etc)
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up-selling and ensuring effective communication, both written and in-person with all departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning Special Events Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
- Follows up with customer post-event.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Supervise the execution of wedding events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when necessary head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events
- Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
Your experience and skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Hotel Management degree/diploma and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in Social events/ Wedding representative in hotel industry.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel. Good knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems in order to be competent in checking bedroom and meeting space availability.
- Excellent customer service skills, superior interpersonal skills, results-oriented and highly self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure and learn new technologies.
- Fluent in English. Arabic is a must.