An exciting opportunity to join the Qatar Airways Group in our catering services team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and reducing excess weight and waste from QR flights related to Catering uplifts. Develop and implement robust recommendations, to reduce the same including (but not limited to) offload checking, food, beverages, dry stores and equipment, deliver savings to the airline from reduced cost-to-serve and weight carried.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
- Responsible for organising, planning and for carrying-out network-wide offload checks to monitor wastage.
- Responsible to monitor and track trends and to make recommendations regarding waste management to ensure that the optimum level of products are available on board to maximise the offer for the customers whilst minimising the wastage.
- Continually reviews and measures the effectiveness of previous recommendations to reduce waste.
- Co-ordinates offload checks to be completed at overseas stations with the local caterers and liaises with caterer management to ensure robustness and cost control of the above checks,
- Responsible for the delivery of the Catering Services weight and waste reduction cost savings targets year on year.
- Responsible for the analysis and development of information reported by cabin crew online, and for developing action plans to address the issues raised.
- Visits suppliers overseas and locally as required to carry out offload checks and audits.About you:
You should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of job-related experience within a financial analysis related field. It is highly beneficial if you have worked in a large catering environment or a five star hotel and have knowledge and adherence of HACCP Policy and Standard Quality Procedures.
It is preferred if you have:
- Experience in managing Quality Assurance programmes
- Experience of working inflight catering and/or working in hospitality
- Enhanced interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and on many different projects simultaneously.
- Proven skills in negotiation, evaluation and decision-making.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.