The Warehouse Officer is responsible for overseeing the accurate receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of all Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Gifts with Purchase (GWP) and Free of Charge (FOC) stocks, Furniture, and Marketing & Promotional Materials entering the Distribution Centre (DC) while maintaining accurate inventory and associated records. Ensures workplace health and safety requirements are met at all times and takes responsibility for the security of the building and all stocks within the respective department. In the event that the lead warehouse officer in his absence, the Warehouse Officer will take on his/her responsibilities.
Key Accountabilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Oversee the day to day business activities within the DC and Sub-store areas ensure the accurate processing of transfer orders is maintained at all times ensuring the movement of stock is accurately recorded within the Warehouse Management System and automated storage and retrieval systems.
- Plan the receipt, storage, processing and dispatch of goods within the DC and Sub-store areas and organize special requirements for certain stocks, such as chilled goods or fragile products.
- Respond to all customer communications by email, and/or telephone making sure all requests are action in a timely manner.
- Ensure that daily checks on warehouse equipment are done to maintain operational duties ensuring all vehicles are checked, maintained, licences and permits renewed on time.
- Monitor fuel consumption, follow up and confirm bills for fuel, maintenance, vehicle rent and other costs.
- Track, monitor and prepare recharge data for third party services provided.
- Arrange equipment and resources not available under QDF Warehouse management to support business requirement by borrowing from QAS or contractors, following all proper documentation process.
- Arrange, raise and follow up on safety / accident reports for all accidents and incidents in operations.
- Brief Supervisors on any particular issues for each day, motivate and encourage teamwork within the workforce and between departments to ensure productivity targets and budget objectives are met
- Ensuring all relevant warehouse and inventory transactions are properly documented in accordance with policies and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Monitor all stock movement and storage in non-DC managed locations like GWC Warehouse and stock moved to various events.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience, preferably in materials handling/warehouse management experience in a retail oriented warehouse or similar business i.e. alcoholic drinks or FMCG such as soft drinks, foodstuffs, confectionery or similar
- Must be numerate and computer literate with high level knowledge on Windows office systems
- Should be aware of industry standards for climate control, stacking and storage for this type of product.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.