About the job
About The Role
To ensure the smooth flow of merchandise from the stockroom to the sales floor, ensuring shelves are full and the customer can shop the store as new.
- To unpack boxes and inspect items for damage and then label acceptable items with bar codes and store them in the stockroom.
- To send merchandise to the correct departments and keep track of items using hand-held scanners and computers.
- To ensure all goods inflow is carried out as per company policy, systems and procedures.
- To collect customer returns from the customer refund counter and return them to the warehouse.
- To ensure all goods that are not of sound quality are taken care of as per the company systems and procedures.
- To ensure all items are correctly handled and stocked so as to maintain items in good condition.
To be successfully considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Minimum High school educated
- Proactive and flexible (Ready to work in shift)
- Physically strong as this job requires lifting.
- Individual accountability
- Basic reading and writing skills.