Manages the design, maintenance, and security posture for the enterprise network to provide secure and reliable communications for all users. This includes troubleshooting inter- and intra-theater links.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Shall provide network engineering support for the design, configuration, implementation, operational management, and troubleshooting of the enterprise network, including network monitoring. This shall include: Shall conduct IP management for the theater. Shall maintain compliance of network device software versions, & configurations in accordance with DISA STIG policy; devices shall be compliant within 30 days of policy updates.
- Candidate shall meet IAT Level III compliance per DOD 8570.
- Candidate shall demonstrate at least five (5) years experience collectively in each of the following six (6) protocols and technologies areas:
- Routing protocols (BGP, BGP VPNv4, EIGRP OSPF, ISIS, RIP, MPLS and VRF) and
- Multicast protocols (PIM, MSDP and MBGP).
- Switching protocols (spanning tree, CST, MSTP, PVST, RPVST+, VTP, DTP, GVRP, MAB, VLAN and private VLAN).
- DMVPN technologies (NHRP phase 3, per tunnel QOS, IKE, IPSEC, EZVPN and site-to-site VPN).
- IP services (WCCP, AAA, QOS, IP SLA, EEM, Syslog, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP and NTP).
- Network management tools and protocols (NetFlow, SNMP, Cisco Works, GEM-X, SNMPc, ACS, ASDM and CSM).
- Hardware experience with ASR, Nexus, ASAs, TACLANEs, and Netscreens.
- Candidate shall possess at least three (3) years of experience with Enterprise level routing.
- Candidate shall possess at least one (1) year of experience with Service Provider level routing.
- Active Secret Clearance