The Waiter/Waitress is responsible for serving food and beverage to guests during an assigned shift in a courteous, professional manner according to proper service standards as set by Kempinski.
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from numerous entertainment and dining options at the glamourous destination of The Pearl, in the capital of Qatar.
Showcasing the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements, Marsa Malaz Kempinski boasts 281 luxurious rooms – including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal suites.
- Accurately records, pre-checks and picks-up all food and beverage orders.
- Serves guests their food and beverage in prompt, courteous manner as per the standard sequence of service.
- Sets tables as per Outlet standard prior to guests’ arrival.
- Up-sells or promotes all specials advertised in the outlet as well promoting slow moving items.
- Has an understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- Knowledgeable of all ingredients and prices of the food and beverage listed on the menu.
- Acquires a working knowledge of hotel, in-house facilities and local information to respond to guest questions in these areas as required.
- Ability to rotate throughout each of the food & beverage outlets.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Good knowledge of wine, beverage, cocktail is an advantage
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Junior Waiter/Waitress or 1 year experience as a Waiter/Waitress in a similar environment
- Strong communication skills, enthusiastic and flexible
- Flexibility to work longer hours as per business demand
- Knowledge of cashier operations (MICROS)
- Knowledge of hotel business operations
- From Eastern Europe origin