Bandary International Group
We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
1. Providing excellent customer service to ensure satisfaction
2. Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages in a timely fashion
3. Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information upon request
The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality, and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Keep in mind that Waiter/Waitress duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
1. Greet and escort customers to their tables
2. Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
3. Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
4. Inform customers about the day’s specials
5. Offer menu recommendations upon request
6. Up-sell additional products when appropriate
7. Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
8. Check customer’s IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
9. Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
10. Serve food and drink orders
11. Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
12. Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
13. Deliver checks and collect bill payments
14. Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
15. Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
16. Follow all relevant health department regulations
17. Provide excellent customer service to guests
1. Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
2. Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
3. Basic math skills
4. Attentiveness and patience for customers
5. Excellent presentation skills
6. Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
7. Active listening and effective communication skills
8. Team spirit
9. Flexibility to work in shifts
10. High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
1500 – 2000
To apply for this job please visit big.qa.