We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
- Use visual merchandising competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store by working with store layout, range presentation and vitality.
- Actively contribute to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions.
- Use the knowledge of people’s needs and dreams in the local market to plan and implement relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet the many individual tastes and exceed our visitor’s expectations.
- Keep visitors in mind when working on the shop floor, minimize disruption and remain aware at all times of the importance of safety and the visual impact for visitors.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with the Com&In team and other functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of actions on the financial results. Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost-consciousness in planning and implementing all range presentation solutions by applying national directions and using global tools, proven solutions and best practices.
- Actively contribute to gathering insights about store layout and range presentation and translating this knowledge into relevant and inspiring store solutions that will support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home.
- Stay up to date with knowledge about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.
- A design-based education. Visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- A passion for home furnishing, retailing, design and how people live at home.
- Ability to draw, visualize and present an idea.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
- Practical hands-on approach to work.
- Basic communication skills in English.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software (e.g. AutoCad).