About the job
Vice President, Country Business Development, Qatar & Kuwait
VP, Country Business Development – Qatar & Kuwait
Job Description Summary
Working within MasterCard’s business group model, the Country Manager is responsible for the general management from a customer, employee and regulatory perspective in the countries and is accountable for the business proposition in the designated markets. The CM, as a leader in the business, has the accountability for the functions and business objectives, as assigned by the business group to whom the leader reports.
The CM will define the country strategic direction, together with divisional and regional leadership; he/she contributes to the overall growth and success of the company through growth initiatives and implementation of the company strategy.
MasterCard customers and partners demand more than simple promotions, pricing and “cocktail banking”; they are looking for strategic as well as direct quantitative impact on their business. MasterCard seeks to add value in this respect, by truly understanding the stakeholders’ business objectives.
- Accountability for the business objectives and P&L for Qatar & Kuwait as assigned by the business group to whom the leader reports.
- Define the markets’ country strategic direction, together with Divisional and Regional leadership; contributing to the overall growth and success of the company through growth initiatives and implementation of the company strategy.
- Strategic input into business development, and ongoing management of deal for (`both existing as well as potential new customers). This includes input into the structure of the deal, as well as reviewing the strategic merits, effectiveness, chance of customer success and financial benefit to MasterCard, in association with planning and the respective business development team.
- Forge strong interpersonal influence and alliances at all levels both within and outside the organization, especially at CXO levels in customer, regulator and partner organisations.
- Manage all customer facing teams and staff, fostering a strong, dynamic and performance-oriented culture that also executes against a formal “Value Driver Selling” process.
- Manage (jointly with divisional functional leaders) all functional teams that directly support the
- Lead the running of the Qatar offices, providing leadership as well as day-to-day support on all high priority projects and initiatives.