About the job
- Reliable resource who is able to apply financial accounting and reporting skills, within the section to perform routine month-end procedures that are vital to a successful financial close. Interfaces with internal and external clients and provides routine information and advice.
- Major challenge of the role is to ensure routine month-end, quarterly and yearly accounting entries and reporting are met on a timely basis while ensuring entries are in compliance with the control framework.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Perform the required accounting for all product revenues. Ensure month-end accruals are accurate by reconciling to monthly delivered quantities and actual invoices are posted based on payment statements. Maintain reconciliation of volumes and revenue.
- Complete the accounting of the monthly inventory valuation. Review and question depreciation/royalty/opex rates used in the calculation. Coordinate with Specialists to ensure in transit volumes reconcile to SOS. Produce the inventory schedule for LER.
- Contribute to the preparation of the preliminary and final sales summary reports.
- Work with the Specialist by interfacing LNG revenue invoices from EC to SAP ensuring control checks are in place and follow up on late invoice submissions.
- Produce specific schedules for the monthly shareholder pack validating the information regarding approved values and forecast with project accounting team. Assist other team members to complete the monthly reporting activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Focal point for information collation for both internal and external audits. Perform self-assessments on section-specific tasks in preparation for internal audit.
- Contribute to the preparation of statistical returns and any other ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Maintain section SharePoint site.
- Ensure a strong understanding of the compliance framework including standards of internal controls, addressing control gaps and recommending process changes. Ensure an effective control environment is applied including the application of TOFA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Commerce.
- Studying towards a professional qualification.
- 5 years work experience in oil and gas and 3 years of experience in a Financial Accounting role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting systems.
- Knowledge of financial recording and reporting tools
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of business software programmes and SAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients