About the job
About The Role
As a UX Design Specialist, you will be responsible for helping us achieve this ambition through:
- Creating user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes based on user research and customer feedback.
- Designing the overall functionality of MATAR operated airports websites, mobile apps and other digital systems, ensuring a smooth, frictionless user experience, while iterating on designs based on user-testing.
- Facilitating business vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and testing experiences for digital products.
- Designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identifying design problems and friction points and devise solutions while taking into consideration technical recommendations for front-end and back-end developments. Take a user-cantered design approach to design, and make data-driven decisions related to core and new features – present these decisions to different stakeholders when required.
- Empathizing with the user and advocate for their experience through creating journey maps that balance their needs with business requirements.
- Participating in ideation and conceptual development of new products and features, within an interdisciplinary team that includes creative and market leads, product managers, and developers.
- Collaborating with the user research and testing teams to develop tests to measure the success of new developments with quantifiable metrics, and understand user behavior.
- Collaborating with UX Leads in IT to bring synergies and standardize tools and solutions across the QR Group.
- Working with product managers to translate concepts and requirements into user flow, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Liaising with suppliers of third-party applications and technology stacks to ensure timely preventive maintenance and prompt resolution of faults. Ensure that supplier deliver their services within SLAs.
- Ensuring IT process and procedures are implemented and followed in line with all established corporate IT policies and ISO 20000 & ISO 27001 standards for MATAR- IT Services.
- Performing other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a Minimum of 4 years of job-related experience.
- Experience in UX Design, Interaction Design and/or Product Design.
- Expertise in standard UI/UX tools and software is necessary like Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Bootstrap, jQuery.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating compelling design solutions for end-to-end user experience.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in working with leading content management systems like Drupal & WordPress.
- Experience and good understanding of material design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them to effective prototype and wireframes.
- MADA Web & Mobile Accessibility Design and Usability certification.