About The Role
In this role as a System Engineer, you will be responsible to manage & support Qatar Airways Middleware farm of servers built on Red Hat Middleware technologies that includes Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Server (EAP), Enterprise Web server (Apache httpd), Apache Tomcat, and RedHat JBoss Datagrid on Redhat Linux systems. You are expected to support an environment of over 500 Instances of Middleware platforms in standalone and clustered environments hosted on-premises. Also, we are looking for advanced knowledge in leading Messaging Platforms and Integration technologies. You will work with multiple crucial lines of business / vendors / third parties to provide implementation support for message exchange requirements.
- Strong work experience in configuration and maintenance of application server technologies like JBOSS EAP, Tomcat, Apache Web Server etc.
- Strong understanding of Middleware Java Platform with application deployment on standalone and clustered HA environments with knowledge of session replication, session stickiness & session management
- Experience in platform upgrade projects in middleware technologies.
- Experience in supporting DR Switchover & BCP Drills.
- Strong experience in IBM MQ 9.x L2 administration.
- Working experience in Installing, updating patches and migrating MQ with minimum downtimes.
- Plan and schedule Changes coordinating with different stakeholders.
- Experienced in Scripting/Automation of the MQ activities & setting up monitoring for MQ
- Strong experience in Linux environments, OS clustering, Shell Scripting, and troubleshooting commands.
- Advanced knowledge of networks, Load balancing, S2S VPN tunnels, DNS and Firewalls.
- Strong working experience in a large scale environment providing 24/7 production support where system uptime and stability are of the highest importance to the business.
- Solid troubleshooting skills and passion for problem-solving and investigation
- Strong working knowledge on Incident, Change (Planning & Execution) and Problem Management processes.
- Continuous learning to understand the product roadmaps and implement new features as required.
- Experience in creating SOP’s, Run books and Level1 task`s handover documents
- Good planning and organizational skills, capable of supporting planned timeline activities.
- Proactivity, responsibility, collaboration and teamwork. Multi-tasking work capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Certification on ITILv3 Foundation.
- Knowledge in Azure Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge in Microsoft IIS Administration.
- Knowledge in Kubernetes Platforms