About Your Job Role:
You will play a key role in skillfully managing IT infrastructure and deployments, especially Linux technology, Automation tools and ELK platform (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana).
- You will be involved in various phases of life cycle management of the system, including Planning, Designing, Implementation and maintenance and support of Compute systems, Linux OS, Virtualization, High Availability and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- You must be highly skilled on Linux administrations and good experienced in Incident Management.
- You must have strong knowledge in public and private could technologies.
- Responsible for Infrastructure Design, Implementation and maintenance of Linux technologies deployed on on-premises and public clouds.
- Supporting large enterprise deployments of RHEL 7/8 in a mission critical environment with efficient system administration and automations.
- Plan, Design, Implement and Life cycle management of the Linux Infrastructure, including the technology stack of RHEL, RHEV, Redhat Satellite, GlusterFS, Pacemaker and Ansible etc.
- Expertise management on redhat satellite 6 lifecycle management tool.
- Upgrade and maintain RHEV infrastructure. Perform the capacity management on RHEV hypervisors and health checks.
- Use automation tool ansible to manage the configuration as a code for all the managed rhel instances manual, repetitive and automatable tasks.
- Design and implement containerized automation solution using openshift platform.
- Ensure availability, continuity and security of Linux based systems by proactive measures and by handling the level 3 reactive incidents.
- Providing functional and 24×7 L3 Technical support for resolution of customer problems, incidents, issues, requests and queries pertaining to reported systems and applications.
- Ensure that systems are fully maintained to the highest level of operational and monitoring capabilities.
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper system configuration and monitoring across all managed technical functional domain.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Sciences or equivalent qualification with minimum 7 years of IT experience with at least recent 3 years of working experience in managing large enterprise environment. We are looking for mature and self-motivated professional with good communication skills, problem-solving skills and ready to work 24×7 in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Knowledge and skills (Technical):
- Strong knowledge on Linux system internals and administration.
- Experience in managing the rhel instances life cycle management with RedHat satellite 6.
- Experience in scripting languages (python, bash and ruby).
- Experience in public cloud technologies.
- Experience in redhat pacemaker cluster.
- Experience in Redhat Enterprise RHEV virtualization.
- Experience on OS system performance tuning and security hardening.
- Experience in configuration/infrastructure code management tool ansible and terraform.
- Knowledge on devops practice and experience in any one of the industry leading devops tools (i.e gitlab , azure devops and github).
- Knowledge on containers and kubernetes technologies.
- Strong understanding of data serialization language – json , yaml
- Storage experience and knowledge of storage, network and computing hardware components for managing hyper converged infrastructure.
- Strong analytical and creative problem detection skills.
- Knowledge of IT documentation.