Under the direction of the Transportation Management Coordinator, assists in the operation of the Commercial Travel Office (CTO).
Able to read and interpret military orders and be familiar with applicable booking regulations and travel documentation requirements. Must be knowledgeable in JTR/JFTR regulations as well as international reservations and ticketing. Must be able to become proficient in GDS (Sabre preferred) and GATES systems. Responsibilities include monitoring, and distributing applicable CTO activity forms and reports, as well as assisting in the timely and accurate reconciliation of payment systems. This job requires good communication and customer skills, both written and verbal. Must possess great attention to detail as well as organizational skills. Must have the flexibility to adapt to ever-changing mission priorities and needs. Must be proficient in Microsoft applications and possess a strong knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Major Job Activities:
- Controls air travel movement records and documents.
- Assist the Transportation Management Coordinator in resolving issues.
- Supports policies and procedures to ensure the operational effectiveness of CTO operations.
- Assists in cost controls and identifies potential cost savings initiatives.
- Assists with continuous customer satisfaction improvements.
- Assists with CBA/Reconciliation Reports and Refund Reports.
- Follows established guidance regarding quality, training, and safety programs.
- Assist with proper maintenance and control of all publications, forms, and files required for air travel operations.
- Compiles/reviews data and submits reports as required.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education if the degree is required.
- High School graduate; college degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role; prior experience in a Travel Agency, a plus.
- Must be able to work in extreme climatic conditions where temperatures often reach 120F. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. continuously and 50 lbs. intermittently.
- Must be in the good physical condition as position requires significant bending, reaching, squatting, crawling, twisting, and turning.
- Required to observe all safety and health requirements for the office environment, warehouse, and outside environment.