The Qatar Freight Master Plan lays the foundation for a sustainable logistics infrastructure and contribute to the country’s goals for social equity, economic productivity, sustainability, and livable neighborhoods.
We are seeking a Transportation Surveys Supervisor & Data Analyst (f/m/d) as a member of our Qatar Freight Master Plan Team. In your role, you will be providing high-level technical support to the Project team experts and coordinate all different involved parties related to survey and data analysis activities.
The job opening is located in Doha, Qatar and offers exciting challenges and potential for career growth.
Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5,000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
- Coordinate the experts of DB E&C sub consultants in preparation and conduction of transportation surveys in freight traffic or other modes of transport (automatic counts and interviews)
- Ensure the implementation of the methodology including locations and work as well as sample plan
- Supervise on Site activities during the traffic survey periods and check on-site surveys (incl. daily reports) on a random basis and on requirements.
- Ensure staff safety during surveys/traffic counts
- Attend project meetings / workshops for technical input and follow up survey execution related matters
- Undertake data analysis including statistical background of the survey data with the project for statistical computing (data quality and preparation, analysis of the data)
- Coordinate with other project team members before, during and after conducting the surveys
- Cross-check data collected in the field, develop dynamic links between database(s) and survey data, ensure regular updates and solve discrepancies
- Ensure that the produced reports/maps meet the requirements of the Project
- Lead of tasks and define their structure to other team members
- Produce and present report results
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years relevant experience in transport survey and data analysis
- Knowledge in preparation, conductions and evaluation of surveys in freight traffic or other modes of transport (Automatic Counts and interviews)
- Strong background in Data analysis including statistical background of the survey data (data quality and preparation, analysis of the data)
- Fluency in English. Communication skills in other language would be an advantage
- Qatar/GCC experience would be an advantage
- Experience in transportation projects relating to freight would be an advantage
- Experience in working with authorities in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills are essential to success in this role
- Driving license required to drive to site or to technical meetings with the client representative