You will be responsible for overseeing the provision of all road transport operations supporting the Transport Department Management and Qatar Airways User Groups in Doha through the operational/tactical planning and management of operations. Ensuring fleet, driver and third-party logistics supplier compliance with established standards and procedures and service levels agreed with User Groups. Manage the Team and ensure that both staff and resources are optimized and efficiently utilized to meet and or exceed customer satisfaction.
- Oversee day to day transport operations service’s delivery ensuring SLA (standard level agreements) are met, addressing operational impacts to concerned parties (internal/external).
- Identify and capture requirements for road transport-related present and future demands. Review existing transport resources within the section to plan optimization, expansion and overall efficiencies.
- Develop and implement work policy and procedures for road transport services including setting up day to day operational schedules for all section personnel.
- Assist Manager Transportation Resources in review, recommendation of service providers’ prequalification documents to improve service quality. Review and recommend changes/amendments when required (from day to day learned points) in existing contracts with Transportation service providers.
- Prepare, develop and submit monthly operational reports/updates to Senior Management as well as Executive Management as required.
- Review requests for transport resources based on requirements raised by all internal and external customers and recommend the most cost-effective solution ensuring customer requirements are met.
You will possess:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- experience in road transport management roles with complete knowledge of road transport best practices
- Experience working in a multicultural and international environment
- Experience with third-party logistic suppliers
- Driving experience includes customer processing, route delivery procedures along with security and operational procedures
- Experience working in Aviation Industry
- Some knowledge and understanding of State of Qatar road transport laws and regulations