- Coordinates staffing deployment;
- Coordinates the development and facilitates the implementation of the training program for the Event Transport workforce (suppliers staff, volunteers);
- Coordinates with Q22 Workforce and Volunteers functions all activities related to Volunteers programme and involvement;
- Coordinates with all involved parties the development of the training material and presentations for the Event Transport workforce (suppliers staff, volunteers);
- Liaises effectively with Q22 Workforce for all administrative aspects related to Event Transport workforce (staff rostering, etc.);
- Monitors the completion of relevant tasks and deadlines agreed with Event Transport;
- Stays abreast of transportation industry changes and Q22/FIFA requirements, policies, procedures and State of Qatar legislation;
- Observes and evaluates the performance of operating staff, service supervisors and volunteers in the field for compliance with policies and attainment of performance indicators in a variety of ways (i.e., direct observation, riding buses, standing on the street, etc.).
- Investigates violations of rules, regulations, and operating procedures by operating and supervisory personnel to determine appropriate corrective action to decrease volume of complaints;
- Integrates with all functions within Event Transport;
- Any other duties that may be required.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Project management, Human Resources, Event Management, Major Sports events or a combination of education and experience relating to the position.
- A Master’s Degree is an additional asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years Transport work experience: ideally within the football, sport, event or Three (3) years of experience as a Project / Planning Manager, or Three (3) years equivalent management position.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from support staff, and managers.
- Individuals must be motivated, capable of working independently, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Project management and planning experience within at least one mega project event, ideally more than one world-class sports event (e.g. FIFA World Cup and/or Olympic Games, Regional Football Tournaments, etc.)
- Experience working with public and private sector partners in a collaborative environment and ability to build strong partnerships
- Advanced knowledge of administration and management principles
- Advanced knowledge of business process management
- Advanced communication skills
- Basic knowledge of transit operations involved in moving FIFA Constituents by vehicles, including city layout
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work both independently and lead a team
- Proven experience of managing cross-functional teams
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal
- Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly
- Ability to manage large and diverse teams through various phases of organizational change
- Exceptional planning, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work and communicate in a corporate and project focused organization
- High level of presentation and negotiating skills
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
- Inter-cultural competence and sensitivity
- Language skills – English language fluency and Arabic or any additional language considered an advantage
- Strong IT skills; familiarity and comfort with MS Office (especially MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project)