Responsible for driving the tram vehicle along QEC PMS corridor in a safe and punctual way in compliance with the company’s safety and operations rules & regulations; Provides a high standard of customer service at all times.
What are my responsibilities?
- Driving Trams in accordance with the company’s rules & procedures and road traffic regulations
- Ensuring the safety of passengers, pedestrians and other road users
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Identifying and reporting incidents and anomalies (rolling stock and equipment) to the Operations Controllers (OMCC)
- Perfect knowledge of QEC PMS Rolling Stock in order to conduct fault finding and rectification in compliance with operations & maintenance procedures
- Reporting to Line Supervisors and Operations Controllers and complying with all operational orders and directives given
- Communicating clearly and effectively with passengers and Operations Controllers
- Assists during T&C activities
- Provides assistance during safety & quality audits.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A good physical condition (Meets requirements of Fitness Class 1)
- 21 years or above
- 1.60m minimum height
- Minimum 10 years of successful school education
- Minimum 2 years of experience as either a tram, train, metro or bus driver
- Good understanding of rail public transport operations process and Rules & Procedures
- Good analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure while complying with rules & procedures
- Good command of spoken and written English language
- Ability to comply with rules & procedures
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes to operational situations
- Holder of a valid motor vehicle driving license (Bus / Truck)
- Defensive driving
- Possesses the military exemption
- Team player
- Results orientated
- Attention to detail
- Very good communication skills