About the job
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As Traffic Engineer, the incumbent will manage technical review and ensure traffic diversion safety on the project
- Supervise the construction of detours and roads related elements on the project
- Maintains first level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his /her discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards
- May supervise the construction engineering work and provide technical expertise for one or more of the construction engineering disciplines
- Provides schedule and progress appraisal report to the Construction Manager
- Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline
- Ensures that materials received meet specifications and established standards of quality
- Organizes the accumulation of assigned discipline data for the final project turnover and report
- Initiates and maintains records, back charge procedures, progress reports, etc., as required
- May have some interface with the client and upper level management
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Transportation engineering from a recognized institution
- Minimum 14 postgraduate years of experience and a minimum of 7 years of major roads/transportation projects within the GCC
- Prior experience working in Qatar is a must as well as MME registration.
- Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, with proficiency in using different traffic/transportation software