As a Tour Guide, you will be responsible to provide a comprehensive and remarkable guest experience through the delivery of tours and desert safari services in Discover Qatar (DQ) product range, maintaining the highest quality and safety standards, to build our reputation as the leading Destination Management Company in Qatar. You will act as an expert on the history or uniqueness of the location and offering the tour groups interesting or enlightening information about points of interest at nature attractions, historic sites, museums, scenic locations, and other travel destinations.
Your key accountabilities include:
- Plan itineraries by researching and having available data regarding opening and visiting times of all major attractions, as well as current exhibitions and displays – responsible for researching thoroughly prior to giving the tour and be prepared and organized for each step of the process, from greeting visitors upon arrival to arranging transportation between locations. Lead the group according to the itinerary and ensure that the program runs without faults.
- Assist in research and preparation of the narratives for the tours, suggest new materials.
- Organise and lead bus and safari tours, walking tours, boat tours, historical and cultural tours and excursions. Offer sightseeing and activities’ advice in line with approved guidelines.
- Responsible for giving tours to the group of visitors as an expert in regional points of interest, historical sites, neighborhood’s, museums and other sites and by retaining historical and cultural facts, dates and anecdotes, and relay information to visitors in an entertaining and informative way, which will allow visitors to fully experience and enjoy the Qatar’s social, cultural and historical highlights.
- Ensure that the delivery of safari products are both an exciting and safe off-road driving and camp experience in accordance to the training and safety standards provided and the comfort level of the guest.
- Create a positive and lasting guest experience and impression of the region in accordance with the standards set by DQ and QTA tour guide licensing.
- Deal with guest complaints in a pro-active and solution-focused manner. Follow-up with the client whenever necessary. Answer all visitors’ questions and keep the tour organized, efficient, and safe.
- Report all service delivery failings and guest feedback to the office in the event of guest compensation.
- Conduct and deliver right time scheduled and ad-hoc tours and safaris according to the selected itinerary through 3 main principals of safety, Education and Enjoyment.
- Act as an ambassador for DQ in the delivery of incentive and familiarization trips for tour operators and potential business partners of Qatar Airways.
- Responsible for all accounting aspects of the job, including entry tickets into venues across Qatar, cash float where relevant and any receipts and logbooks in respect of fuel consumption.
- Responsible for all vehicle safety and guest safety whilst on duty. Adhere to the Qatar traffic law with respect to road safety and conduct.
To be filled by the recruiter
You will require proven knowledge and understanding of Qatar history, geography, growth and development. Possessing previous sales experience will be an advantage. You will have comprehensive knowledge of MS Office Tools ( i.e Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
To be successful in this role, you must have strong problem-solving skills and be capable of leading and performing well under pressure. Excellent command of English spoken and written is essential for this position. Knowledge of additional European and Russian languages such as Croatian/ French/ German/ Italian / Spanish /Russian would be an advantage.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.qatarairways.com.