About the job
- Position is located in Qatar, in support of LOGCAP.
- Manage the daily operation of Material Handling Equipment Maintenance Section for the installation and also the day-to-day operation of the Transportation Motor Pool (TMP), Fire and Medical Emergency Services Vehicles Maintenance, and Maintenance of Generator/Solar Light Set Operations. Provides oversite of the Container Repair Section in support of the United State Government, (USG) and Army support Group (ASG) area operation of Qatar.
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Monitor Maintenance program production schedules and ensures all mission are executed on time and at the highest quality possible.
- Maintains frequent contact with customers regarding Maintenance performance and overall customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the execution of the overall daily PMCS. Ensure current vehicle services and maximum utilization of equipment usage. Track miles/kilometers and hours used for each piece of equipment.
- Ensure that the responsibility, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Responsible for the Key Control program of all assigned Vehicles on hand.
- Responsible for prioritizing missions.
- Monitor subcontractor performance and address any issues that may arise with service. Assist with disciplinary action, when appropriate.
- Implements and maintain a safe workplace program, ensuring safety is the highest priority.
- Communicates professionally, both orally and written.
- Interacts professionally with the customer and other agencies.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be CAC eligible and/or able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent.
- A valid Drivers License and the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Motor Vehicle Operators License are required.
- Must be Global Support System Army (GCSS-A) plant maintenance Certified.
- Three (3) years of experience in transportation and maintenance operations or equivalent with at least one (1) years of experience as a supervisor.
- Ability to demonstrated leadership and management skills in a professional demeanor is required.
- Ability to work effectively with employees and management of all levels to include multinational staff, superiors and ranking military offices.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, with the ability to understand the effect of decisions is required.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office.
- High-level organizational and planning skills, so that workflow is managed efficiently and accurately.
- High-level organizational and planning skills, so that workflow is managed efficiently and accurately is required.
- Ability to effectively respond to inquiries or complaints both verbally and in writing.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- A collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork is required.
- Time management skills due to fast-moving, demanding work environment are required.