About the job
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports punctually to the Sous Chef according to schedule.
- Ensures professional appearance of Kitchen staff.
- Controls all equipment in accordance with safety procedures that all productions and preparations are made in timely and punctual manner.
- Ensures all production in time and preparation.
- Works according to standard recipes to obtain and maintain highest possible quality.
- Checks fridges and products to avoid spoilage.
- Delegates work to the subordinates and correct any mistake immediately.
- Controls and maintains all safety and saving procedures.
- Has knowledge of all menu items in regard to ingredients, cooking techniques and presentation.
- Controls preparation and production for any daily and future events.
- Ensures a good communication with other departments.
- Prevents for all food cross contamination to avoid food poisoning.
- Refers to Sous Chef for any change or quantity in production.
- Maintains standard and hygiene during working time.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Management.
- Related work experience of 2-3 years’ in a Hotel or similar large restaurant complex.
- Knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices, occupational health and safety standards.
- Good health, mature and pleasant personality, and neat appearance.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to supervise and deliver trainings to subordinates.