About the job
About Your Job
In this role, you will be managing the day-to-day operation and administration of a unified collaboration platform. You will be technically responsible for the management of collaboration systems for the Qatar Airways Group. The collaboration platform includes Exchange, Microsoft Skype for Business On-Prem, Microsoft Teams in a hybrid environment, Yammer and Cisco WebEx.
- Implementation and administration of unified collaboration platforms such as Exchange, Microsoft Skype for Business OnPrem and Microsoft Teams in a hybrid environment and Cisco WebEx.
- 24×7 based L2/L3 Technical & functional support to unified collaboration technology and its related systems, including incident handling, request management, customer queries and problem management.
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper system configuration and monitoring.
- Ensure availability, continuity and security of data of systems.
- Automation of various tasks for the better management and availability of the systems.
- Ensure to maintain patch level, data backup, Disaster Recovery procedures, and its up-to-date documentation.
- Perform Capacity Management with continuous monitoring to plan Hardware and Software upgrades.
- Life Cycle management of the system, including timely hardware and software upgrade and replacement.
- Provide technical consultation and guidance to peers, other technical teams, and the application development/ support team.
- Maintaining technical documentation for Unified Communication Systems including SOP, Administration and configuration documents.
You must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Sciences or equivalent qualification with minimum 8 years of IT experience with at least recent 5 years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Skype for Business OnPrem and Microsoft Teams in a hybrid environment. We are looking for a mature and self-motivated professional with good communication skills, and problem-solving skills and ready to work 24×7 in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Knowledge And Skills (Technical)
- Strong knowledge and hands-on work experience in Microsoft Skype for Business OnPrem and Microsoft Teams in a hybrid environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Active Directory, PowerShell and Exchange on-premises and Exchange Online
- Hands-on experience in Enterprise Voice Integration with on-prem telephony solutions (SIP, Media Gateways, VoIP, H.323, MGCP, PBX, QoS, Teams Phone)
- Should have experience integrating Microsoft Teams with other workloads, including SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Exchange, Microsoft 365 Groups, Power Platform, and other Microsoft apps, third-party apps, and custom apps.
- Should be familiar with telecommunication technologies and able to configure and deploy Microsoft Teams Phone/Devices with PSTN connectivity through Direct Routing, Operator Connect, and Microsoft Teams Calling Plans, audio/video conferencing, and voice migration.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Core Infrastructure like Microsoft Active Directory 2016/2019, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Systems (ADFS) and Group Policy, Microsoft 365 Groups, Certificates Management and network concepts including TCP/IP sub netting, voice policies, routing, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, load balancers, etc.
- Ability to create complex PowerShell scripts to automate email operations and management.
- Knowledge of configuration and implementation of monitoring solutions like Microsoft SCOM.
- Strong experience in OS and Virtualization technologies is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes like Incident, Problem, Change, Service Continuity Management and documentation
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of IT documentation