ITLALA CONSULTING ENGINEERING
*** Must have experience working as Consultant *** (Which includes being aware of Municipality permit system and Design regulations in Qatar)
In this role, you will supervise a group of four or more Engineers and design personnel, usually in Multi-discipline, by directing technical engineering assignments and coordinating project staffing. You will help to define the scope of work, design criteria, schedule, standards, and procedures for project assignments. Determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Reviews work produced to ensure that applicable codes, standards, and procedures are followed and quality is acceptable
- Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of assigned personnel. Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as project needs arise.
- Conducts performance evaluations, takes corrective action as necessary, recommends promotions and salary actions, and recommends training and development for assigned personnel.
- Provides technical direction, making decisions and/or obtaining additional technical staff assistance as the situation warrants.
- Ensures that adequate checking is performed in accordance with discipline checking policy and procedures.
- Ensures that discipline design work is coordinated with project staff and Engineers from other disciplines by maintaining clear and frequent communications.
- Advises engineering and project management regarding any problem areas, staffing requirements, delays in production, scope changes, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Initiates and/or reviews change order requests for additions, deletions, or changes to the original scope of work.
- Recommends design methods, equipment use, etc., for discipline standards.
- Supervises the production of design and all project drawings and design calculations.
- Monitor and control Municipality Permit system
- UPDA Grade A Architect
- 20 years of experience as an Architect “Consultant”
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent in support of architectural license is required
- Architectural license is required
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to the design of a wide variety of project scopes and complexity
- General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards
- Experience with modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD)
- Strong experience with design software (Sketch-up, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) required