About the job
Aamal headquartered in Qatar, is a major business conglomerate and a subsidiary of AL Faisal Holding company, with 4 major divisions including: Real Estate, Industrials, Life Sciences and Services.
We are looking for a Technical Manager for City Center Mall (one of the main subsidiaries under Aamal) to ensure a best possible environment and operational support and sustain an uninterrupted operations for tenants and shoppers, and provide technical supervision of all relevant plants and services related to the operations of City Center Doha.
- Act as a key point of contact for all technical matters related to the mall.
- Participate in planning, forecast and budget management as well as result verification for individual measures.
- Provide constructional / technical assistance and counseling of mall, and advise on availability for advertising space tenants.
- Check of building service installations for functionality.
- Participate in preparation, updating and realization of the mall security.
- Lead and initiate of non-complex defect rectification services according to Qatar Civil Defense Authorities regulations and NFPA codes and standards.
- Participate in the draw-up, implementation and adherence to the Facility budget (incl. budget draw-up long-term planning)
- Quality control and coordinate with FM provider and other service providers, in cooperation with TM local contractor selection: Draw-up of service descriptions and detailed planning; bidder selection; obtain offers and check; negotiation of offers; budget control; awarding suggestion; contract draw-up and commissioning (in the scope of section-internally defined provisions).
- Check, control and approval of invoices in the scope of internal standards Set-up, monitoring and continuous improvement of Policies and Procedures for the department.
- Identify CapEx and OpEx requirements and budgeting for the measures accordingly.
- Ensure best Quality / price ratio in procurement for services and materials.
- Lead and supervise the Operations team and other staff members like security, cleaning and FM service provider.
- A university degree in Applied Sciences or Engineering with focus on facility management.
- Have previously worked in an executive position in a real estate management (technical section).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Technical Manager in a department store, Shopping Center, Facility Management companies, Hospital, airport facilities etc.
- A track record in overseeing and facilitating of opening new shops in the mall.
- Customer-oriented, Hands-on manager, can-do attitude, and very good communication skills.