As a Database lead, you will manage database aspects application within Qatar Airways Flight Operations, which involves building changes and optimizing existing models.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements for new software applications, build/optimize conceptual and logical database models for OLTP systems and data warehouse systems.
- Contribute in interface discussions and come up with interface data model.
- Support project team in development activities on DB artefacts and act as 1st level support for development databases used for development and take up data migration required (for development and cut over).
- Support production databases : maintain DB interfaces and data integrity between systems, monitor performance KPI and take up corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 8 years of Oracle experience in writing advanced SQL, PL/SQL and having worked in architecturally complex projects.
- Should have strong knowledge of database performance analysis, query optimization and performance tuning.
- Should have experience in data migration of critical complex systems.
- Should have knowledgeable in Linux / shell scripting.
- Should have experience in “High Available” resilient oracle databases like RAC / Cluster.
- Good command of English and should be able to articulate ideas / proposal properly.
Preferred Skill Set
- Experience in DevOps tools like Redgate/Liquibase/Jenkins/AzureDevOps pipelines.
- Knowledge of building complex reports using tools like BIRT, using Business Intelligence tools like QlikView, Business Objects.
- Knowledge of an Airline’s Flight Operations data domain (Flight and Crew related domain).
- Experience in PostGresql