Are you interested in continuing your career in AUAB Qatar/AFCENT in a mission-focused environment? CACI has established and upcoming positions throughout the Southwest Asia theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement AUAB-379th QATAR, AFCENT’s mission objectives.
CACI has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Tech Control Facility Technician. (TCFT) This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, AUAB-379 ECS, located OCONUS in Qatar. This position is required to travel OCONUS.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Performs a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling tech control facility operating systems. Supervises and manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems. Optimizes system operation and resource utilization and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide support in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the TCF. Maintenance includes configuration of long-haul telecommunications equipment and maintaining and strapping cryptographic equipment; Install new circuits per the direction of Government; Engineer, install, and test TCF equipment to support new and emerging requirements; Provide responsive services, to include real-time transmission systems configuration control, circuit restoration, quality control and performance standards, status reporting, master station log, and other actions required by policies, responsibilities, and operational procedures IAW the SPIN-C and DISA Circular 310-70-1.
- Responsible for encryption equipment used on the network. This includes control and safeguarding, configuration, and “user-level” maintenance of Ethernet and serial encryption devices. Communications Security (COMSEC) manager to ensure approved encryption keys are available for encryption equipment used on the network; Respond to data calls, as required; Fabricate, troubleshoot, and repair interfaces on technical control equipment, including (but not limited to) the following interfaces: RS-449/422, 2. MIL-STD-188-114, RS-530, RS-232, Conditioned Diphase (CDI).
- Provide O&M of equipment required to support TCF operations. Primary and auxiliary TCF equipment includes Routers and switches; NET Promina; Cryptographic equipment; NRZ to CDI converters; Patch panels and maintenance panels; Modems, to include Canoga Perkins and Pargain; Global positioning system (GPS) time and frequency systems; Firebird 6000/8000, TBERD 6000/5800, cable testers, multimeter, and oscilloscope; Network monitoring suites (SolarWinds).
More About the Role:
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast-paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Currently, hold an adjudicated Secret Clearance and be able to maintain
- BA/BS + 3 years recent specialized or AA/AS +5 years recent specialized or a major cert + 5 years recent specialized or 11 years of recent specialized experience
- CompTIA Security + (IAT Level II or greater)
- CISCO CCNA Routing and Switching or Service Provider
Specialized experience in:
- CISCO Routing/Switching
- NET Promina Equipment
- Encryption devises to include KG, KY, KIV and Ancillaries
- Patch panels / Maintenance panels
- Fiber optic modems and interface cards
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 – Foundation
- Experience with GEM
- COMSEC CRO experience
- Experience supporting DoD / AFCENT
- Experience working with DISA and Circuit Actions