The Team Leader-SME Digital will assist the Section Head in developing and growing the digital product mix offering, defined for the SME sector. The incumbent will manage the team in collaborative efforts with the Global Transaction Banking team and external stakeholders in development of new and leverage existing digital banking solutions for the SME client segment to enable seamless client experience and to drive incremental profits. The incumbent will guide and manage the team in growing the revenue for the SME sector through acquisition of new clients and retention of existing clients. The incumbent will be cognizant of the existing regulatory guidelines and their requirements, SLAs and other internal guidelines and shall assist the Section Head in maintaining the quality of the books and the sector.
- Comprehend the key strategic digital disruption drivers across the SME banking / financial sector in support of the partnership initiatives.
- Work closely with the Section Head in designing the digital roadmap, to meet SMEs’ needs with tailored products and services, identifying emerging risks, and access to data analytics.
- Assist the Section Head and work closely with the GTB team/other stakeholders in development and rollout of digital product mix offerings or bundling capabilities targeted for SME clients.
- Update self on the current industry trends, economic events, regulatory requirements/changes set by QCB and other relevant government bodies, and, suggest adequate changes in the section, including but not limited to staffing of employees, section deliverables etc.
- Review the competitive offerings and services and communicate to Section Head and the team about competitive developments and improvements that are required.
- Develop and maintain robust working relationships with internal/external stakeholders to facilitate and capitalize on functional / operational/ strategic needs.
- Assist the Section Head in identifying the business potential within the SME sector and work closely with the Global Transaction Banking Team and Product Manager in development of digitized SME product (s)/process enhancements/workflow automations based on business / product performance, market trends and client requirements.
- Work closely with Product Manager to produce, evaluate and approve parameterized products and other digital SME product offerings.
- Follow and coordinate with Corporate branch to develop parameterized products for the current non-borrowing relationships with a view to maximize profitability.
- Carry out portfolio /regression /statistical analysis and portfolio planning for the entire SME portfolio
- Focus on ways to leverage operational improvements through digitization / automation of workflows through advanced digital banking tools.
- Identify growth optimization opportunities/digital partnership through identification of equally beneficial market opportunities in line with the DB Wholesale Banking business model, and digitization targets.
- University graduate with a degree in Business or Banking or Finance or any other related discipline.
- 10-15 years of total experience in financial services/banking industry, entailing responsibilities pertaining to the specific area of discipline.
- Experience in business/relationship management in corporate/commercial banking at supervisory level, with strong understanding of the local banking industry.
- Experience in Fintech, or digital partnerships, pertaining to small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Good knowledge of financial accountancy and Credit analysis and due diligence
- Understanding of changing market, customer behavior and patterns
- Knowledge of structuring and financing recommendations that are tailored to client’s needs
- Knowledge of identifying opportunities and cross selling
- Knowledge of loan structures, terms and conditions
- Ability to analyze cash flows, income statements, assets, liabilities, balance sheets and working capital requirements
- Ability to identify small business lending opportunities and craft credit solutions based on borrowing needs
- Knowledge of assessing the credit risk factors associated with lending to small commercial enterprises
- Ability to make sound and defensible lending decisions
- Knowledge of techniques for mitigating risks that affect overall borrower credit worthiness
- Ability to assess quality and prospects for growth for Commercial Banking (SME)sector
- Up to date with the latest digital banking / Fintech trends, techniques, and technologies