Opening in 2004, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar is part of a reciprocal effort with the Qatar Foundation to bring excellent American educational undergraduate programs to the Middle East.
The Business Administration (BA) department at Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar is seeking to hire a Teaching Assistant (TA).
The TA position involves working in Qatar for the 2021-2022 academic year. TAs work full-time (37.5 hours a week) at the university and carry out several diverse tasks in supporting faculty and students. The specific courses the TA will support will be assigned after the candidate is selected.
B.S. degree in Computer Science with a minor in Business Administration (preferred) or B.S. degree in Information Systems (strong computational abilities) with a minor in Business Administration (preferred). Preference will be given to CMU-Q graduates.
- Provide teaching support in (mainly computational based) courses as assigned by the department head;
- Assist students in learning material and providing technical help, 1:1 tutoring and group tutoring;
- Hold recitations on a weekly basis;
- Grade quizzes, assignments, case reports, tests and exams;
- Assist the program with outreach events and other program-related activities;
- Support running the QSmartLab, the business analytics hub for the program;
- Provide technical support for maintaining the QBA webpages and datasets.
- Efficiency in managing and assisting with lectures;
- Proficiency in R and Excel is required;
- Proficiency in Python is desirable;
- Willingness to gain proficiency in financial databases, such as Bloomberg.