Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
To inspire and support best practices in teaching that promote engaged, effective learning for all students.
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) promotes research-based pedagogies that foster student academic engagement, learning, and success. CETL supports the integrated professional development of students, faculty, and administrators throughout their careers. Rooted in learning science and assessment theory, CETL cultivates a data-driven campus-wide culture of ongoing academic program enhancement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide faculty members with expert consultation to support the development, delivery and continuous improvement of learning experiences.
- Facilitate ongoing faculty innovation and experimentation in regards to effective teaching.
- Organize peer observations to identify areas for improvement.
- Prepare written summaries of peer observations and conduct one-on-one “debriefing” consultations with faculty.
- Assess the impact of teaching innovation and experimentation on student learning and teaching effectiveness.
- Facilitate the creation of “Learning Communities.”
- Support an emphasis on the “Scholarship of Teaching and Learning” (SoTL) by assisting faculty members in learning about, extracting value from, and contributing to the field of (SoTL) in academia.
- Work collaboratively with other CETL staff to implement blended e-learning environments and instructional modules using appropriate pedagogical strategies.
- Assist in preparing the budget proposal related to the Teaching & Learning Unit.
- Assist in preparing an annual report on the status and future plans of the Teaching & Learning Unit.
- Provide support for and, when needed, contribute to CETL events inside and outside QU.
- Support implementation and updates of CETL strategic plan.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times
- Doctorate degree or equivalent.
- Fluency in written and verbal Arabic and English languages
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in an educational institution
- Experience in management, teaching, teacher training or in-service training that also clearly demonstrates a thorough knowledge of several specific uses of educational technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well as their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of the certified letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.qu.edu.qa.