About the job
Role and Responsibilities
- It is usually the responsibility of the teacher’s assistant to assist in activities for children, such as storytelling or art projects.
- They assist in instructing and supervising them in social and developmental activities, help feed and change them, and generally provide one-on-one attention when needed and or if instructed.
- You must help organize the classroom and plan intellectual activities for children, per the lead teacher’s requests.
- The teacher’s assistant includes interacting with children, preparing snacks, teaching children about numbers, colors, and shapes, helping them get dressed, and changing their diapers when needed.
- They also evaluate children’s social development and physical well-being.
- Teacher’s assistants should be prepared to take on the role of lead teacher when needed.
- Teacher’s Assistants work with children to help them with exercises and activities designed to facilitate their development. Their work is supervised by qualified therapists or teachers.
- Support the classroom teacher to facilitate and participate during the activities of the kid’s children in the nursery.
- Contribute to raising standards of achievement for all kids and to give support to other staff in the Foundation Stage
- Support all staff to maintain a good team working relationship
- Work alongside the teachers and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the nursery/reception is fulfilled.
- Ensure that children are collected by someone known & authorized to the nursery/reception.
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to your work as a key worker.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the nursery.