About the job
TASS Field Electrician/Technicians ( Doha Qatar)
Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret
Employee Type: Regular-Long Term Assignment
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 100%
Type of Travel: Outside Continental US
CACI seeking TASS Field Electrician/Technicians in Doha Qatar
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Electrician shall also support the installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and hardware., inspection, adjustments, reconfiguration, and introduction of new or advanced technology, update, testing, and the related technical support for these systems by providing on-site technical assistance
- Expertise in reading and interpreting electrical blue prints and drawings. Ability to update or create as built and redline drawing packages.
- The installation of electrical system components as assigned (e.g. panels, pull stations, pulling conduit, wire, etc.) for providing enhanced and/or upgraded system capabilities.
- The installation, upgrade of and disassembly and reconfiguration of systems, operator and maintenance training, service, repair and maintenance of electronic and mechanical security systems.
- Diagnose electrical problems or failures in assigned systems or individual equipment using a half split troubleshooting method and perform systems repair using line replaceable units.
- Provide technical expertise for electronic control systems, install equipment upgrades and perform reconfigurations at designated bases in Southwest Asia.
- Works closely with the site’s Force Protection (FP) personnel on all security systems issues.
- Understanding of low voltage electronic control systems, high voltage transfer functions and normally open/normally closed resistive circuits using Ohms Law.
- Duties include manual labor, the lifting of heavy equipment unaided, digging, laying cable, power generation, solar panel installation, fiber splicing, and working long hours in harsh environmental conditions.
- Experience/certification as an apprentice or Journeyman electrician.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting electrical blue prints and drawings.
- Tower climbing and fall prevention training. Outdoor/outside plant experience.
- Experience performing installation or fault isolation testing using equipment such as: ohmmeters, megohm-meters, diagnostic test stations and other specialized test equipment.
- Experience running PVC, EMT, Rigid, and Flexible conduit with 90′ bends, offsets, kicks & saddles.
- Measures, cuts, bends, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit, using such tools as band saw, pipe threaders, and conduit bender.
- Identify cable paths using installation drawing packages and pull multiple cables through conduit and terminate cable at both ends.
- Installation of Interior and exterior signal and power distribution panels. Backplane assembly including power distribution units, network appliances and internal wiring harnesses.
- Battery backup installation and testing. Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) installation, integration and testing.
- Fabrication of both coper and fiber optic cables including terminations and testing connections. These include RJ45, Coaxial/BNC, ST/SC/LC, multi-pair coper, single and multi-mode fiber.
- A successful candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years of technical experience relating to electrical, electronic and power generation including Solar Panel installation and maintenance.
- Minimum of 3 years working in electronics, basic electric circuit troubleshooting.
- Candidates should have a strong background in installation of electronic control and power subsystems including generator, battery and solar power. Recent experience with electronic security systems, access control, CCTV, Wide Surveillance Thermal Imager, Long Range Thermal Imager, Ground-based Radars (MSTAR) and other security systems.
- Ability to write detailed trip reports to include sensor recommendations and placement derived from site surveys.
- Possesses a minimum of a high school diploma. Trade certifications, Associates and Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred.
- Must be able to climb towers and carry a backpack of 50+ pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Candidates MUST BE ABLE TO BE DEPLOYED to war zones.
- A valid US passport and US driver licenses.
- Must have active Secret clearance.