The role is responsible for the operation of Ground Services systems support helpdesk for both Doha and outstations for operational issues related to Ground Services Automation.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Represents first level Help Desk for all Airports and GS Systems.
- Leads GS Systems, Automation support desk and Centralized Load Control.
- Discusses solution, resolves problem and tracks effectiveness and set-up preventive measures.
- Conducts routine checks in all QR GS IT systems.
- Supports Line Manager to setup/ test/ implement for new stations in terms of assisting the Line Manager on testing the systems enhancement, setting up rules in DCS (TEST system) and supporting to cut over new stations.
- Monitors hosted systems. Ground Services has both hosted, internal and external systems such as ALTEA and GS QHOME which is critical for Ground Services Airport operations.
- Organizes the focus group – internal and external user group to receive feedback and improvements plan.
- Prepares rosters as per HR policy during the Line Managers absence.
- Ensures regulatory requirement are in compliance such as Advance passenger information systems (APIS), Advance Passenger Processing (APP), Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), Secure Flight Program to/from US (SFP) and others.
- Tests and implements new enhancement from Departure Control System (DCS).
- Follows the procedure for Emergency flight handling and spike Data in DCS and QHOME for both Qatar Airways and other Airlines.
- Ensures to maintain Office Records in a compliance with JAR OPS/ SQCAR.
- Investigates and follows up on OTP systems delays.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Has relevant College or University qualification.
- With minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience with airport operations especially load control, check in controller.
- A minimum 2 plus years of specialized technical experience in ALTEA DCS will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of DCS system.
- Good knowledge of MS word, PowerPoint and Oracle.
- Good command of English language. Good communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- With positive attitude and a team worker.