About The Role
As a Systems Engineer – Applications, you will be responsible for helping us achieve this ambition:
- You will play a key role in development and support of Airport Operational Systems such as Airport Operational Database and Flight Information Display Systems interfacing to multiple subsystems such as Baggage systems and Civil Aviation systems through Enterprise Service Bus, by undertaking different roles when required by project and by the line management. This person will facilitate gathering and documenting business objectives, functional specifications, requirements, data modules and technical architecture to meet an identified business need.
- You must have a good experience in managing critical Airport Operations Systems such as AODB, RMS, FIDS, BHS and BRS integrated to other subsystems through ESB/IB.
- Thorough knowledge of IATA messages, airport business process and procedures is mandatory.
- Good level of familiarity with PL/SQL, .NET and SQL/Oracle databases is expected.
- You should have sound design and development knowledge, SDLC, project management basics. Appreciate having knowledge of the leading ESB solutions, IBM Integration Bus (IIB), SOA technologies and standards: XML, XSD, XSLT, WSDL, SOAP and REST based web services, SOAP/JMS.
- You will bring an attention to detail, good time management skills and desire to learn. This role is important in delivering benefits to business users through good analytical and problem solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science or Engineering.
- You must have at least 3-5 Years (out of 4-6 years total) experience in web-based application development and/or support.
- Preferable to have good knowledge on Aviation domain.
- Strong experience in developing or supporting internet and intranet web applications using technologies such as Java and/or ASP.NET.
- Hands-on experience in middleware technologies such as IIB.
- Hands-on experience in working with databases such as Oracle or MS SQL.
- Having experience of working along with Infrastructure teams.
- Experience in configuring, administering, testing and troubleshooting web applications.