About the job
In this role, the BG Lead is responsible for close cross-group collaboration across segments to ensure local execution of strategies and tactics to further drive the business. An important role of the BG Lead is building deep audience insight, including understanding audience segmentation, their attitudes, and purchase behaviors. Based on these insights, build locally relevant customer offers and co-marketing partnerships and integrate these into the commercial and consumer sales motions. They are the ambassador for the product brand in the local market or area and are responsible for overseeing and managing the investments in Microsoft 365 Modern Work and SCI broad marketing and digital media outreach initiatives. The BG Lead is expected to have a deep understanding of the products, the go-to-market strategies, competitive landscape, the local business opportunity, and climate in their local market or area. The BG Lead is the local spokesperson externally and internally for the products in the subsidiary. Finally, the BG Lead is on point for reporting back to Corp on the success metrics (scorecard) as part of the rhythm of the business process.
Marketing Planning and Program Execution (30%)
- Leadership and orchestration of marketing plans supporting the Microsoft 365 priorities: drive sockets, grow revenue, establish new categories, expand an existing business, acquire new business, and Dream Big
- Establish cross subsidiary influence and leadership access enabling your team to create and land timely and quality integrated Modern Work & SCI marketing plans that are fully supported by the Segment Leaders.
- Do your part to lead and enable cross subsidiary commitments from sales, services, marketing managers, and partners to fully execute these plans.
- Partner with other marketing roles to leverage resources and/or initiatives for a more impactful and holistic plan.
- Think and act as “One Microsoft” by successfully engaging stakeholders with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Be the Microsoft 365 & Security ambassador of the product brand experience and Microsoft CPE (Customer & Partner Experience).
- Lead the quarterly solution area business review.
- Ensure Product Marketing Managers (PMMs) provide business objectives to CMO Integrated Marketing Managers who develop integrated marketing plans.
Product Advocacy, Positioning, Messaging, and Storytelling (30%)
- Assess the overall strengths and weaknesses of the subsidiary’s sales and marketing force in being able to message the value proposition, story tell, demo, and advocate your key products.
- Build and execute a plan to resolve key gaps and shortcomings, leveraging both subsidiary and MSA PMMs.
- Continually work on a scalable approach to expand product messaging, across multiple channels, both traditional and digital.
- Partner with segment leaders to build a pipeline of product advocates among our customers and partners.
- Coach PMMs, sellers, CSU, and partners in product knowledge, demos, modern storytelling, compete, tools, and checklist.
- Be the advocate of Microsoft Security solutions, and our leadership position in offering best of suites
Competitive Positioning and Response (20%)
- Assess the overall ecosystem (internal sales, partner sales, connected sales and marketing motions) and establish changes needed to build a sustainable compete muscle.
- Review, monitor, and adjust the strategies and action plans to accelerate our market share growth against our prioritized competitors.
- Review and monitor the relevant detection tools and Share Dashboard metrics and be familiar with the key levers.
- Based on the competitive insights and strategies derived by your Product Marketing Managers (PMMs), provide the leadership to orchestrate the cross subsidiary/segment commitment and coordination to execute said strategies.
- Manage the escalation processes in competitive situations and distill the learnings from win/loss reviews to drive systematic change in the subsidiary.
Business and Monetization (20%)
- Accountable for the business goals and targets of supporting Microsoft 365 product (revenue, scorecard, and share dashboard), including consumption and usage.
- Business leadership is critical in driving governance and changes in the business model, based on business issues and market dynamics.
- Influence and orchestration, cross segment, cross discipline (sales, marketing, services, and partners) and between the geography and Corp.
- Drive cross subsidiary collaboration health within the Middle east Cluster
- Influence the product planning prioritization to meet the local market’s needs.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred. Relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science
Experience: at least 8-10 years of product marketing experience, people management experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Product and customer focused
- Understand product advocacy and evangelism
- Strong analytical skills, and Excellent communicator
- Good knowledge of Unified Communication and Collaboration solutions
- Strong experience of Information and Cyber Security solutions
- Experienced in core marketing communications functions, positioning and messaging
- Being a conduit between technology and the business with the voice of customer in mind
- Role model for Microsoft values