Atkins is currently looking for a Structural Engineer to work on Infrastructure projects in Qatar.
SNC Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi-sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defense sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Have a good understanding of building structures, their stability and load transfer systems and be able to analyze those appropriately according to project stage and complexity with minimum supervision
- Can carry out the structural design of elements of building structures, underground structures and light civil structures in reinforced concrete, steel and masonry using British Standards and American standards.
- To be able to design to Euro codes if required.
- Familiar with American seismic code UBC and IBC
- Can analyze and design of foundation and retaining structures with minimum supervision.
- Can coordinate with architects and building services engineers, and other structural engineers. Be familiar with issues affecting other related disciplines. Be able to communicate design issues clearly in English.
- Has good understanding of buildability.
- Investigate alternative solution and cost implication with minimum supervision.
- Can coordinate with and supervise draughtsman. Be able to communicate design requirements with minimum supervision.
- Can check drawing production. Can understand and implement document control procedures for calculations and drawings.
- Carry out design checks on the work of other engineers with minimum supervision.
- Attend meetings and communicate with other engineers
- Prepare calculation report with minimum supervision.
- Deal with site queries with minimum supervision.
- Be responsible for the correctness and accuracy of his work with minimum supervision.
- Has the ability can take initiative to learn and increase technical and managerial competence.
- Bachelor in Civil or Structural engineering degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years design consultancy experience on design of a range of concrete and steel structures.
- UPDA Certified Grade A (preferred)
- Ability to use ETABS, SAFE, Staad Pro, Prokon and other design software and spread sheet.
- Familiar with BS, ACI codes. Familiarity also with Euro code will be beneficial.
- Can carry out multidisciplinary coordination.
- Can communicate effectively (verbal and written) in English
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants