- Properly handle the dishwashing machine, including turning on and off, de-liming, hanging water and adding chemicals; safely handle chemicals and keep them stored properly.
- Load and unload dishware and flatware from the dishwashing machine and store them properly.
- Ensure a clean, neat and organized work area; handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
- Safely set up, clean and utilize the silver burnishing machine; safely utilize all cleaning compounds, chemicals and materials including soaking solution, Sanitex, Px and silver cream.
- Follow a daily schedule of polishing all silver items in the hotel; clean, polish, sort and transport required silver.
- Place damaged or excessively worn pieces in designated area for repair.
- Ensure all needed supplies are on hand, notify the Executive Steward of any shortages as soon as realized.
- handle items at the last minute which need to be polished; maintain all pots, pans and equipment to be cleaned.
- The ability to keep the ware washing area clean, neat and well maintained; The ability to utilizes the different cleaning products safely for specific tasks; set up work area with proper washing and rinsing sinks. The ability to use the correct detergent and rinse agent; clean and drain ware washing area twice during the shift.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, hazard-free work area; clean messes and spills immediately; notify the supervisor prior to leaving the work area; report any major problem to the supervisor.
- Collect, utilize safely and put away all cleaning materials, chemicals and equipment.
- The ability to clean, dust, sweep, mop, polish, scrub, wash, strip, and buff the following all designated areas in the hotel; scrape and stack all dishes properly and rack all glassware.
- clean kitchen walls, floors, drains, reach-in coolers, walk-in freezers and other locations as assigned by a supervisor.
- Opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Unique strong culture – diversity of 50 different nationalities
- Living accommodation in high quality, well-resourced apartment
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Complimentary nights at FS Hotels Worldwide
- Paid annual home leave tickets
- Complimentary meals in employee restaurants
- Free transportation to work
- Medical coverage
The hotel will apply for the work authorization for a successful candidate.