About the job
- Coordinate with relevant utilities agencies, departments, and applicable authorities with mandated authority over the programme and ensure that all permits and NOCs are in place for the project to move forward.
- Assist in managing utility agencies and services providers, throughout the life cycle of the programme and programme.
- Liaison with Utilities providers for Public Works Authority’s Projects and will report to the Head of Section.
- Assist in the coordination with relevant government agencies, departments, and applicable authorities with mandated authority over the programme and in managing stakeholder relations, both internal and external throughout the life cycle of the programme.
- Building strong trust-based relationships with the client and with key External Utilities stakeholders; both at practitioner level and at senior executive level.
- Assist in identifying, analysing and managing utilities agencies and relevant stakeholders to ensure the satisfaction of those stakeholders with mandated authority on the programme as well as the projects constituting it.
- Manage the expectations of Utilities providers and ensures timely escalation of issues through available escalation venues.
- Assist the client in preparing, negotiating, and agreeing required MoU’s and procedures with the different stakeholders.
- Managing correspondences between the client and the Utilities agencies as well as necessary directives to the Project.
- Coordinate closely with the client at program wide level to resolve and respond to general stakeholder’s issues/inquiries and ensure timely response to these issues/inquiries.
- Managing the utilities team’s activities related to interfacing with different utilities providers and government authorities.
- Managing Project review & approvals of applications through both Qatar Online Road Opening Permit System (QPRO) & Qatar Design Review System (QDRS) as well as applications applied by the GECs.
- Assist in monitoring the Project delivery related to the utilities agencies and services providers against established baselines for required approvals, permitting, utility/services diversions and land ownership.
- Ensure effective coordination of the team internally and with the Project to secure required approvals and assist in resolving stakeholder’s issues that affects the program delivery
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Law, Mass Communication or equivalent from an accredited university or institution to the approval of the Engineer.
- Must be bilingual in both Arabic and English
- Minimum 5 years demonstrable overall experience in Stakeholder management.