About the job
Stainless Steel Polisher previous polishing/grinding experience preferred. Must be reliable with strict attention to detail.
- Experience using grinding tools
- Experience using sanders and buffers
- Lathe experience a plus
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be reliable
- Ability to work while using PPE equipment such as respirators, safety glasses, and safety shoes.
- Prior polishing experience is a plus.
- Metal Polishing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Activate machine start-up switches to grind, lap, hone, debar, shear, or cut workpieces, according to specifications
- Lift and position workpieces manually or with mechanical assistance and secure them on machine tables, faceplates, chucks, fixtures or clamps
- Mount and position tools in machine chucks, spindles, or other tool holding devices using hand tools
- Observe responsible machine operations to detect any problems and make necessary adjustments to correct problems
- Select machine tooling to be used, utilize knowledge of machine and production requirements
- Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen and or break edges or corners, buff, hone or polish metal or plastic work pieces
- Visually inspect and or measure work pieces to determine conformance to specifications
- Assist operators in other areas of the operation when needed