Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive the patients and make them comfortable.
- Ensure that patients/bystanders are provided with adequate and appropriate information and reassurance prior to medical and nursing intervention
- Provide need based care and services according to the scope and standards of nursing practice.
- Evaluate response to care, treatment and education and re-plan as required.
- Ensure safety of the patients, self, and co-workers while in the clinic.
- Ensure ethical accountability and legal compliance in all actions.
- Demonstrate clinical competence in all aspect of patient care.
- Practice appropriate infection control measures and waste management protocols
- Establish and maintain good interpersonal relationship and open communication with team members, supervisors, patients and their bystanders.
- Display a spirit of team work and act as a team leader.
- Actively communicate care of patients through written and verbal communication to all disciplines involved in care.
- Maintain an attitude of honesty and integrity and seek help when required.
- Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing related services and introduce necessary improvements as per the guidance of Manager-Nursing Administration and Head Nurse
- Provide health education and guidance to patients and their bystanders on specific and general health issues.
- Participate in camps and other community good health program activities.
- Support and promote colleagues and other members of the team.
- Initiate changes and adapt positively to changes in work schedule, policies, requirements and practice guidelines.