The Staff Care and Resilience Clinician is critically important in providing high-quality services to our clients. This position will be responsible for providing individual counseling, group support, psychoeducation/training session and critical incident response services and reports to the Manager, Clinical Services. The Staff Care and Resilience Clinician will have a particular focus on providing services in Arabic for clients in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Deliver high-quality clinical/consultation services to employees and their family members consistent with professional standards within a short-term counseling model. These services may be delivered in-person or virtually
- Maintain timely, accurate records of clinical activities within the KonTerra case management system
- Provide reporting, monitoring, and evaluation data on clinical activities.
- Collaborate with clinical and operations team members for effective service provision.
- Participate in promotional/outreach activities and psychoeducational presentations to employees and family members
- Provide critical incident consultation, service coordination, and direct support to impacted individuals
- Provide case management and referral services for employees who needs extend beyond the scope of short-term consultation/counseling services
- Fully participate in the activities of the KonTerra Staff Care and Resilience team
- Mental health professional (counselor, social worker, marriage and family therapist, psychologist, etc.) with at least a Master’s degree.
- Minimum 7 years of experience providing Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or mental health counseling services
- Demonstrated ability to provide counseling/consultation services using short-term, strength-based approaches to support employees in high stress/high-risk environments
- Experience providing counseling/consultation services to diverse individuals/couples/families.
- Experience providing counseling/consultation services remotely /virtually
- Experience providing case management and referral services for employees who need resources and counseling beyond ERP/EARP services
- Demonstrated skill in providing engaging in-person and virtual presentations on a variety of topics.
- Comfort using technology to manage clinical records
- Ability to provide services in Arabic, in addition to English
- Significant experience working in developing country contexts and with international populations, including personnel from developing countries
- Experience or training providing trauma-informed counseling
- Experience providing substance abuse assessments and referral within a short-term, strength-based consultation model
- Ability to provide services in French, in addition to English