About the job
Primary purpose of job
This challenging position calls for an experienced professional Senior Systems Engineer to plan, execute, implement and manage medium to large IT projects/programmes via the identification, tendering, evaluation installation and commissioning of applications/solutions for end-user departments. The incumbent will also monitor, control and report projects progress and prepare projects budgets.
- Leads and manages medium to large IT projects/programmes (around 3 to 5 simultaneously) to acquire or improve IT systems with a delineated scope of work to be executed within a finite timeframe in a low to medium complexity context.
- Coordinate internal resources and 3rd parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Assume the ultimate responsibility of conducting the project toward its completion within budget, within approved timelines and according to established/defined quality criterions and standards.
- Develop a detailed project plan and track progress/plans, changes, risks, budget, assurance and change management arrangements.
- Involve with Senior Management / Steering Committee on managing the projects/programmes plan and execution.
- Establish and maintain relationship with the client and all stakeholders; report and escalate to management as needed, communications with present and future stakeholders of the assigned project or product.
- Handles all project’s activities including tender and contract’s execution from tender preparation, issuance, bidding and evaluation to contract award going through mobilization of contractor’s team until the completion and handover of the procured system through coordination with vendors, users and other ICT Divisions.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates user requirements, and prepares feasibility/business case reports and technical requirements documents for ICT and end-user Management approvals and authorization to make sure that IT projects are delivered according to QP business needs and approved budget.
- Compiles detailed Scope of Work in accordance with established Contracts and ICT department’s policies and procedures to insure that all project requirements are adequately documented.
- Designs tender technical evaluation criteria, uses a project team to evaluate bids and recommends solutions to ensure maximum productivity benefits and cost savings to QP.
- Responsible for the installation, user training and commissioning of IT purchased systems through coordination with vendors, users and other ICT Divisions to ensure proper implementation.
- Manages post-implementation reviews by monitoring the usage of the delivered systems to ensure that they are being used effectively.
- Participates in preparing the Section annual budget and projects plan in line with QP financial policies and procedures by Identifying IT projects requirements from customers in order to deliver systems in the most cost-effective manner.
- Creates and manages business processes/procedures by correct documentation in order to achieve a standard approach to work practices and technologies.
- Acts as on the Job Trainer/Coach for Qatari Developees and mentors junior project managers through both formal and informal channels to ensure proper career planning for National and non-National staff.
Experience & Skills
- Strong Knowledge and experience of software procurement procedures, requirements/systems analysis, tendering procedures, vendor’s negotiation.
- Strong Knowledge and experience of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Information Security requirements.
- Excellent experience in documenting projects deliverables.
- Trained and preferably certified as PMP or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and other office productivity applications such as Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Has the ability to leverage Internet/Intranet technologies for the benefit of end-users
- Ability to identify, analyse, define, develop plans and implement changes to computer-related systems.
- Ability to lead and motivate project team members.
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Problem solver with strong analytic skills.
- Ability to develop and document processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Operates with little supervision against established project plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related Engineering/Business field.
- Minimum 9 years of progressive and directly related experience