About the job
Our client, major Oil&Gas Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Sr. Commissioning Engineer (Mechanical/Process) to work for OPERATIONS READINESS Concept, Preparation and Delivery. The job will be based at site (40KMS away from Doha City) on initial contract of 3 years (renewable).
Candidates should have experience in operations and readiness, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up with knowledge of CMS (COMPLETIONS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM) Software and Implementation. The role will be responsible in Projects’ pre-commissioning, commissioning, PSSR (Pre-Startup Safety Review), start up, stabilization, performance test till normal operations, Completions and Hand-over activities.
Primary Purpose Of The Job
- Responsible for leading VOR Disciplines Engineers, Disciplines Technicians in coordination with Project Team and Contractors to ensure consistent and standardized execution of Project design, precommissioning, commissioning and start-up activities for Operational Area (VO) Projects in accordance with approved Company Procedures, Guidelines, Engineering Design, Safety & Environmental Standards/Specifications and Scope of Work to ensure that:
- Operational Area Asset Owners are fully ready to assume ownership of the asset at the point of delivery/handover, and that they are able to operate and maintain that asset in a safe, reliable and sustainable manner.
- Operational Area (VO) Projects are delivered much faster, at much lower cost and at the highest productivity while maintaining the highest standard in quality and HSE.
- Carry out Roles as Commissioning Team Leader.
- Develop Project Operations Readiness Plan (ORP) for both FEED and EPIC, obtain approval from Asset Holder and Project Team and ensure completeness of its deliverables.
- Develop Commissioning Strategy, overall Commissioning Plan and obtain approval in consultation with Asset Holder and coordination with Project Team.
- Support Project Team in managing the execution of engineering design, construction and precommissioning activities with due consideration to Company core values, standards, specifications, regulations and industry best practices.
- Carry out Project Documentation Review, Design Deliverables Review and Project Execution Plan Review.
- Review, approve and monitor the various Commissioning tasks to be performed by the contractor: work breakdown structure, priorities, resources, schedule, etc.
- Review and facilitate approval of project specific commissioning plan and procedures including hand over and PSSR checklists.
- Lead VOR Disciplines Engineers and Disciplines Technicians in coordination with Project Team and Contractors on all pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, hand-over and completions activities
- Supervise the reporting of commissioning execution to ensure that all technical and contractual information is properly recorded, collected and available for inspection/reference as required by regulations and Company policies/procedures.
- Coordinate, liaise and follow up with all relevant stakeholders to resolve complex site issues and review/approve Technical and/or Site Query for required concern
- Participate proactively during simultaneous operations & construction activities (in live plants) by understanding the end user’s constraints/concerns to minimize implications on project schedule and cost. This includes (but not limited to) SIMOPS Activities Assessment & Mitigation, PTW Coordination, Temporary Site Facilities Setup, etc.
- Participates and contributes in Qatari development programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering Discipline preferably Chemical / Process / Mechanical Engineering. Chartered Engineer status or equivalent is preferable.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in design, construction, commissioning and start-up of oil & gas processing and production facilities (Onshore/Offshore), preferably with EPIC contracting companies of which a minimum eight (8) years Commissioning Coordinator/Team Leader.
- Experience in operations, maintenance, and projects’ pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up and Hand-over activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Relevant technical expertise. Multi-discipline engineering exposure with trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Good IT and analytical skills with the ability to work well under pressure.