About the job
Primary purpose of job
- Implement and Support appropriate SAP/ Other solutions for Finance processes to improve IT cost effectiveness, service quality and business development while meeting QP group companies particularly Trading business current and future needs.
- Provide advice and guidance to SAP Finance user community in the Trading business/ various departments on improving business processes and functions by analysis and development of detailed SAP Business Process functional and technical specifications.
- Evaluate and propose the system solutions for the business processes by evaluating available solutions to recommend to Management and ensure optimal provision of solutions in the areas of counterparty due diligence, Contracts & Confirmations, Settlements, Performance Reporting, Planning & Analysis, Group Reporting, Trading MI to IFRS MA reconciliation Manage resources and budgets through proper planning in order to finalize projects and tasks to meet business goals and objectives.
- Establish and Maintain the interface of SAP system with external Trading systems, as well as any other internal / external system interfaces required in a trading organization. Maintain the integration of business processes within Financial Accounting, Controlling, Investment Management, Public Sector Management, FSCM, Bank Application and Project System Modules and with other modules like Material Management, Plant Maintenance, Sales and Distribution, Human Recourses etc. Also work closely with the Technical Team for effective management of Security, Roles and Authorizations.
- Plan and conduct the customer contact workshops to improve business effectiveness by reviewing and optimizing the usage of the SAP system. Provide clarification on business processes, identify areas for improvement, training needs and meet agreed customer expectations.
- Participate and advise Business for implementation of new business functions and solutions to business problems and contribute towards sectional KPIs and targets that are aligned to the ERP Competency Centre and ICT objectives.
- Translate QP Trading business/group companies business requirements to SAP functionality through analysis, design and configuration of business processes, fit gap analysis, business process remodelling and testing to deliver optimal SAP solutions.
- Create and manage Quality Management Systems (QMS) processes and procedures by correct documentation in order to achieve a standard approach to work practices and technologies, Escalate and Resolve SAP product issues through active liaison with SAP AG
- Provide on the Job Training for Qatari Associates and mentor those with less experience through both formal and informal channels to ensure proper career planning for National and non-National staff 10.Plan and conduct SAP training for new processes via online, classroom sessions or one on one sessions.
Experience & Skills
- A total of 9 years professional work experience that includes:
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on SAP implementation/support experience including at least 2 full life cycle implementation projects as Senior Consultant for SAP Finance and Controlling covering Business Process Design, Configuration, Gap Analysis, Development, Testing and Training covering the SAP implementation and support in trading business
- A minimum of 4 years of proven experience in Finance, Costing, Management Accounting Function with demonstrated management experience in an Oil and Gas organization and experience in trading business is prepared.
- In-depth hands on expertise of the SAP Accounting applications such as Financial Accounting, Controlling, Public Sector Management, FSCM and Bank applications. Additional Experience in the Treasury and Risk Management, Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) and Project System Modules would be advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of best business practices in Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Budgeting and Financial reporting systems in Oil & Gas Trading or Petrochemical industry
- Bring in-depth understanding of business strategy and underlying system together with strong business analysis skill set to business & IT interactions In-depth knowledge of integration with Material Management, Plant Maintenance, Sales and Distribution, Human Recourses etc. and ability to understand requirements for establishing interfaces to external systems.
- Experience of SAP project management methodology, project management and service level management
- Experience in managing and executing multiple high value ICT projects, through contracts and/or internal resources, on time and within budget
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and continuous improvement. Operates independently using mature judgment in planning and performing assignments and achieving defined objectives
- Excellent people management, problem solving, persuasion, negotiation, and decision-making skills & team player.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage and communicate with a multi-cultural and multi-national workforce
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate concepts as appropriate to customers, contractors, and staff.
- Professional Accounting degree such as Chartered Accountant/ Certified Public Accountant/ Cost and Management Accountant or equivalent.
- At least one of the SAP Certification as Application Associates in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting or SAP Treasury