Bachelor degree in discipline engineering. Chartered Engineer status or equivalent is preferable.
- 15 years relevant post graduate experience, of which 10 years in Oil & Gas industry.
- Skill / knowledge of International, Shell DEPs and/or QP standards related to his area of expertise.
- Experience of managing time, cost and quality in engineering projects within multiple project environment.
- Good Communications and Presentation skills and be fluent in English.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- As discipline engineer responsible for provision of the required quality technical services.
- Carry-out Concept definition and engineering studies, design, scopes and preparation of engineering documents as per approved standards / procedures.
- Verify and sign-off technical designs and bids in accordance with approved standards.
- Deliver timely service to meet the project requirements.
- Advice and support in the discipline engineering matters in the area of expertise through all stages of projects.
- Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of engineers for providing technical services to project executing departments, including review of execution strategies.
- Support discipline head/lead to manage QP discipline standards. Participate in technical assurance and standardization activities to ensure compliance to approved discipline standards.
- Approve / endorse technical deviations / waivers/ variations to approved guidelines, codes, standards and practices.
- Support to ensure that all applicable environmental and process and other safety technical policies are fully implemented.
- Support development of competencies and skills in his area including structured training for Qatari Engineers under development.