We are seeking a Survey Specialist & Data Analysis as a member of our Qatar Freight Master Plan Team. In your role, you will be providing high-level technical support to the Project team experts and coordinate all different involved parties related to survey and data analysis activities.
The job opening is located in Doha, Qatar and offers exciting challenges and potential for career growth.
Deutsche Bahn’s expertise is in high demand all around the world. As a leading engineering and consulting company in the rail sector, DB Engineering & Consulting offers that knowledge – starting with an idea and continuing all the way to operations. We advise our customers in Germany and around the globe, develop technically sophisticated and customized infrastructure, mobility and transport solutions. With sustainable concepts, we ensure the future success of economic regions, make important contributions to the protection of the environment and help shape the world of the future.
Since 1966, DB Engineering & Consulting has implemented thousands of projects of any size and complexity in over 100 countries. About 5,000 employees from 84 nations are currently realizing the projects of our customers with professional knowledge and intercultural experience.
- Coordinate the experts of DB E&C sub consultant in preparation and conduction of surveys in freight traffic or other modes of transport (Automatic Counts and Interviews)
- Undertakw data analysis including statistical background of the survey data with the project for statistics (data quality and preparation, analysis of the data)
- Coordination with other project team members before, during and after conducting the surveys
- Cross-check data collected in the field and developing dynamic links between Database(s) and survey data and ensuring regular updates and solving eventual discrepancies
- Ensure that the produced reports/maps meet the requirements of the project
- Structure and independent leading of tasks
- Writing reports
- Support any other survey related activities as required
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years relevant experience in transport survey and data analysis
- Having knowledge in preparation, conductions and evaluation of surveys in freight traffic or other modes of transport (Automatic Counts and interviews)
- Strong background in Data analysis including the statistical background of the survey data (data quality and preparation, analysis of the data)
- Fluency in English. Communication skills in another language would be an advantage
- Qatar/GCC experience would be an advantage
- Experience in transportation projects relating to freight would be an advantage
- Experience with working with authorities in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills are essential to success in this role