About your job:
- You will perform a comprehensive design review function to ensure quality design and best practices are implemented in the projects and assist in the creation of airport digital twins through the use of technology.
- Manage and coordinate with Engineers/PMCM and Consultants to ensure all design requirements are incorporated into the tender/contract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Review and comment on tender documents, and involve in tender evaluation.
- Review mock-up, method statements and shop drawings and ensure they are in compliance with the drawings and specifications.
- Provide subject matter expertise on one field of special systems, have a general appreciation of aviation systems technology and understand the integration with core disciplines in design, construction, commissioning and operation.
- Perform design coordination and the interface between various disciplines.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests and provides the Review Reports.
- Check permanent works executed by the contractors on-site and provide commentary detailing any deficiencies/non-conformance and necessary corrective actions with PMCM/Design Consultants.
- Coordinate and ensure contractor’s RFI, technical and design queries are timely responded by PMCM/Design Consultants.
- Coordinate and ensure design changes are implemented correctly.
- Coordinate the works on-site with activities of inspection agencies.
- Manage testing and commissioning, project closeout and handover to Airport Operational Readiness (AOR) Team for airport operation.
- Attend meetings/workshops.
- A recognized degree in Communications/Information Technology.
- Minimum 10 years of formal engineering training in large/complex projects.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in the large international airport (>20 MAP) projects
- (Experience in operational airport environment preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of site experience.
- Registered member of the recognized professional institution related to airport special systems.
- Good knowledge of special systems technology, design, planning, details, products, systems, trade practices and building construction is required.
- Excellent English language oral, written and presentation skills required.
- Computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, and a broad understanding of cross-systems (comms, IT, security & ATC) applications are desirable.
Apply for this job on company website, click on this link: careers.qatarairways.com.